A message from Sarah, President of East Coast Adoption Agency regarding COVID 19
Hi All! Because of COVID-19, we have made some changes and wanted to share. We have taken in less dogs than normal since some fosters are taking a break during this time. Adoptions will continue to be on an appointment based schedule. However, we are only allowing in one family at a time into our foster homes. Some fosters will also be verbally explaining everything we typically say in person, over the phone, and then bringing the adoptable dog outside to meet in order to shorten contact time.
To keep our families and yours safe, we are also:
- not shaking hands when meeting
- not allowing anyone inside who seems to be showing signs of illness (fosters can use their own judgment)
- not allowing entry to bathroom facilities (please go or stop before you come)
- to use the hand sanitizer we provide upon entering and to maintain a 6 foot distance between us as much as possible.
- Also, when entering a foster home, please don’t touch anything.
Typically, we ask all family members who live together to attend adoptions. At this time we are asking you to please minimize the amount of people attending. All pens and clipboards are thoroughly cleaned after each use. We are doing the best we can to keep everyone safe and ask the same of you.
The health and well-being of the animals in our care, our staff, and the community we serve are our top priority.
Thank you for reading and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message!